Linking Alice to your Online Store
Here's how to display your items online:
In order to begin using your web services, you will first need to tell Alice POS which inventory categories you would like to have displayed on the site.
- If you have enabled a category to make it display online, you will see within the product details that all of the products for this specific category are now available for selling online. You will have 3 new options available to you for these products:
- Do not transfer online: The product will not be displayed on your site.
- Transfer online: The product will be displayed on your site and will be available for purchase by customers.
- In-store sales only: If you have checked the Available online option, it is possible to make it unavailable for online purchase. Customers wanting to buy the product will need to go in-store to buy it.
- Send to Ecwid: Display the product on your Ecwid based website.
- Send to PACs: Displays the product on your LesPAC profile
Configuration for Online Orders
To ensure that orders made online are properly connected to your Alice POS system, there are a few settings that you will need to configure.
The following item information will be displayed in your online store.
- Inventory category: You must ensure that your product has been added to the correct category.
- Name of item: The name of the product that will be displayed online.
- CAD: The purchase and sales price for new and used items.
- Type of product: We have three types of products available in Alice POS. For better tracking of your inventory, we recommend using the Serialized type if your inventory contains multiple copies of the same product, but have different prices. However, if your products are in quantity, you can still sell them in your shop.
- Release date: The release date can be used to announce an upcoming product.
- UPC: Don't forget to input the UPC code of the product.
- Product attributes: Use the product attributes to provide information to customers about specific product features. For example, you can use the product attributes to define the size of the box to ship the product in.
- Description and note: You must fill in the Description field to give details on your product.
- Image: Don't forget to link a picture to your product so that it may show on your website. The pictures have to be in .jpg format with an approximate size between 72 and 100kb.
If your website is linked with an Alice POS Master database, you need to make that all of the information above has been added in the Master
Before starting to make online sales, here is a guide that will help you configure your online store. Here's a checklist of things to validate before setting up your Ecwid store. Dashboard Each time you log in to Ecwid, you will land on the dashboard ...
Configuring the Bridge to Ecwid
When activating your Ecwid account, a communication bridge is established between Alice POS and Ecwid. Below is a list of things you'll need to configure: Synchro AlicePOS This page allows you to force the synchronization of your newly added products ...
Setup - Website Tab
The Web site tab allows the Alice POS administrator to setup online transactions management: clerk, payment method, and shipping. For more information about an online store, please click here. Advisor for online orders: The employee responsible for ...
Managing inter-store transfers
One of Alice POS' multiple advantages is its ability to automatize the process of transferring merchandise between stores by using the strength of your network. Alice POS is able to determine if a product is available in a networked store by checking ...
General Settings Store Profile In this section, you must configure the information pertaining to your store. Store name and web address You must enter the name of your online store as well as the store location. Under location, you must enter the web ...